Wednesday 15 November 2017

Strumble Diary 15/11/2017

Thanks cliff for the previous post.

The session started slowly as I waited for the flood tide to get going. The conditions were calm with excellent visibility but as usual for this time of year the light was fair to poor. As Cliff mentioned they arrived shortly after me and we watched many porps mostly at a distance but showing poorly. After everyone had gone and as the race picked up several porpoise came in closer to feed their position indicated by the hoards of gulls that had now arrived. The porps were feeding well and so were the gulls as the porps drove the fish up to the surface. Sadly the light died away and I decided that enough was enough and I started packing away. Now I haven't done any landscape/sunset work for quite a while and sometimes the view from my office at Strumble can be quite spectacular, so forgive my indulgence as I could not let this one get away and anyway it reinforces the beauty of the best porp watching location in Europe and It would be rude not to share it with you all now wouldn't it..