Sunday 19 November 2017

Strumble Diary 19/11/2017

A promising start weatherwise with scattered cloud and even some sunshine. That soon changed though and it was back to the high grey cloud cover that's been annoying me all week. I arrived just an hour or so after high water and was hoping for a better show than yesterday when I saw just three porpoise all morning. I needn't have worried though as the porps were still active and moving through in front of me as the ebb flow picked up. Then in the distance to the NW I spotted around eight Rissos cruising off towards St Davids Head too distant for any decent images though. Cliff arrived and we set to scanning for porps. Several good and close sightings brightened up the session and a short while after Tony and Stevo joined us. Tony spotted more Rissos approaching from the East (approx 15-20) and we tracked them for a mile or so until they rounded the island and headed West. A few more porp sightings as the ebb flow died away and it was time to call it  a day. All in all a good productive session.